Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Are you a swinger?


Well some babies do, while others don’t.
Every baby is different and you wont know if your little darling is swinger until you try it out. The old me immediately fell in love with the MamaRoo (pictured left). I first saw it on 'Keeping up with the Kardishians'.  It really looks cool. And of course it boasts 'mom-like motions' to better soothe your baby.  I'm not sure if this thing is supposed to take the place of a swing, bouncer, or both. I just know it immediately caught my eye.  Once I talked myself down from the ledge and decided not to spend $200 on a swing/bouncer/both (I had already received a bouncer at my shower so I decided to go the traditional route and buy a swing) I went to the local 'Once Upon a Child' to see what they had.  Well, one look at the selection and it was apparent that only swingers had contributed to inventory! The swings were so dirty I could not imagine nestling my little darling into any of them.  I went back a few times hoping to score a ‘like new’ swing but was not successful.  I ended up getting a smaller travel swing. He enjoys lounging in it, but it does not allow him to sit up and now that he is getting older, he does not like laying back (he's just growing up so fast).  The fullsize swing allows the baby to lie back and sit upright. Next time, I will probably opt for the full size. Did I just say next time?


0 comments:

Post a Comment